Thursday, November 22, 2012

Page 5

Well the tracks where easy to follow.It's the Jones brothers on horseback.Three of the sorriest low down thieving not fit to kill rats the world has ever known.Their Momma should have done the world a favor and pinched the heads off them boys when they where youngins.

What do they want I ponder.Pete they said(that's my name)we come to inform you that the war has started.Seems shots have been fired at Fort Sumter in South Carolina and the war is on.

We are the homeguard of this county and you have been inducted into the army of the Confederacy.If you don't come along peacefully ,well we gonna take ya.

For a second those words rung in my ears.GONNA TAKE YOU!That was all it took.I raised my Winchester and pulled on the trigger stopping just in time.

Now I'm a lot of things.Some bad some good but of all the animals I hunted and killed never had I took the life of another human.Even these Jones brothers didn't deserve to die today even though killing them would have been better for us all.

With my rifle point blank pointed at them I convinced them it be best to mozzie on back to town and leave me be.

They where persuaded but I knew that wasn't going to be the end of the matter.


No comments: