Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Bad Egg

The Bad Egg.

That's me according to the preachers wife.So bad that her sons were not allowed to sit with me in church.

As in life there are usually two sides to every story.This one is no different.

East Newnan,Georgia is were all this takes place maybe I  was 13 years old at the time.

This is the place I started questioning authority figures at this little Baptist church my family attended.

The preacher had two sons one was my age the other was older and I never had much to do with him.

What most Mother's believe about their sons and what they actually do can be different things.

This story is about a life lesson learned.

My friend the preacher's son and I were playing basketball and making a dunk he hit the rim and ended up with a pretty good gash on his nose.

Don't tell how this happened because my parents won't let me play basketball anymore he pleaded.

Sure fine okay with me what ever he told his parents I would agree to the story.

Days passed and we were at some church function and out of the blue the preacher's wife said I had lied.

Now before being called a liar Momma had asked me how this kid had gotten hurt and I told her the real story because either way it was no skin off my nose so to speak.

Seems his Mom had been talking with mine and the subject of the gash on her son's nose came up.There were two completely different tales about the incident mine and his and the preacher's wife refused to think her son was telling a fib.

So a lesson was learned never take up for someone who you think might hang you out to dry like my friend did me.

So I became know as the Bad Egg at church.

But you know being A Bad Egg with a clear conscious ain't a bad label after all.

Moral of the story...know the whole story before you judge someone!

No comments: