Sunday, June 22, 2014

Act of kindness

I witnessed something good.

Saturday night/Sunday morning a week ago about 1 am kindness of the 1st degree was seen.

My roommate Mr B is not doing very well at all.

He has just about forgone eating.Maybe a spoon full of food a week and that's it.Insure drinks are keeping him alive I think.His voice is so weak I can't understand much of what he is saying.Mr B will be 97 August 17th if...

Back to that night spoken of.His blood pressure was taken and it was extremely low.I guess it was presumed he was 1 leg in this world 1 leg in another.

The act of kindness and compassion.

A nurse,Ms Theresa pull up a chair next to his bed and just sat there holding his hand,speaking softly to him.I was deeply touched by that act of human caring and kindness.

When my time comes I sure hope there is someone to hold my hand.

No comments: