Saturday, December 4, 2010

I enjoyed that

I have a friend who said his Daddy swears that back in the 1950's he had a beer with Hank Williams at some road side beer joint.That is very possible.My brush with famous people has been very limited.I know a woman said she was stopped at a stoplight in Springfield,Ohio and who do you guess drove up next to her and asked for directions?It was Steven King the writer.Momma seen the train that had FDR's body when it traveled from the Little White House at Warm Springs.Ok this is my brush with famous people.Back in the 60's we where at the watermellon festival in Forest Park,Georgia.The high light of the day was Porter Wagnoer with Speck Green and some unknown woman named Dolly Parton.I did see Jimmy Carter and Rosalyn when he was Governor of the Great State of Georgia.It was at a NASCAR race at what was called Atlanta International Raceway back then.They flew in on a little helicopter piloted by a Georgia State Trouper.This I got a kick out of.One Of the Carter sons tried getting on the helicopter as it was leaving.Just the pilot on board.No matter what that pilot was determined to keep that Carter boy off.The Carter boy fussed and pitched a fit but the pilot flew off without him.You know what I enjoyed that.

No comments: