Monday, November 29, 2010

Hole in my head

Maybe I have told this story,not sure.Living on Juniper Street,age about 8 most likely.My cousins and me made a tent from a bedspread.Why there was a broken pointed brick on top I have no idea.Making a long story short the brick fell and hit me right on top of my head.I bleed like a stuck pig as they say.It was on a Sunday.The day of 3rd Sunday in May or Decoration day up in the country at Bethel.That is homecoming and when people place flowers on the graves of their kin.It was about time for us to leave for the Church.Me my flat top hair,bleeding.No going to the emergency room for me.Momma got a handful of black soot from the fireplace and I guess stopped up the hole in my head.It worked.There I was sitting in church,black soot all over my flat top hair do.For years I had a black spot on my scalp.So for those that ask what is wrong with me,why I am so strange and weird,just blame it on that brick with the pointed end,the hole in my head and a handful of black soot.

No comments: