Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Pond

Making catfish bait at the table.Flour,lemon flavoring and water.Roll into balls.It never did work for me but it was worth a try.Maybe the creek I was fishing in had no fish.Fishing in the mill pond I did catch brim.Often I think maybe swimming in the old filty mill pond wasn't the smartest thing I've done.It was loaded with broken glass and filth.Summer evenings I would watch snakes,possibly cotton mouths slide and sliter out of the pond.The pond was a barrier of sorts,a division line.One side of the pond I lived wasn't so bad,but on the other side was where all the trouble was.I remember the guys from that side where straight out of the 50's.Leather jackets rolled up bluejean cuffs and white socks.My side the Beatles where a favorite over there Elvis ruled still.

No comments: