Sunday, June 29, 2014

Time

Time.

Where did it go.

I celebrated my 62 birthday June 24th.

That can't be right!That is an old person 62.

Just the other day I was 3 living in Roanoke,Alabama staying with Grand Pa and Grand Ma while my parents worked the 2 till 10 pm shift in the cotton mills in  LaGrange.

Then at 6 so long ago in 1958 I was in Mrs. Porter's 1st grade class.Getting gold stars for writing my name.

Age 10 another chapter of my life began.East Newnan,Georgia were I learned of happiness,love,sadness and disappointment.

Could it be I'm now 18 living during changing times in the town were 10th Street was home for hippies.

21 back home,LaGrange,it will always be,good or bad.

I knew at 39 a grown up I had become.

Now in what some call the fall of my life at 62 I look forward to being a child again.

I'm 8 years old again running up and down Juniper Street barefooted in summer care free.



No comments: