Sunday, December 2, 2012

Rumor has it

Callaway Clock Tower in LaGrange,Georgia.I have always lived insight of this memorial most of my life.Employees of Callaway mills donated money for this in honor of the man who started Callaway mills.I have heard that the donations where taken out of employees checks whether they wanted to donate or not.

The tower has a clock on each side.For years they were not running but last time I noticed they were keeping time.The tower is located on the highest point I think in the city limits of LaGrange on a large sloping hill.The view from the top of the hill is beautiful,least to me.

On those rare winter days when it snowed the hill was a place where people slid down the slopes on pasteboard boxes.I even partaked in that a few times.

Rumor has it that on Halloween night witches gather in the tall bushes that surround the tower.Might be so I don't know but the police took it serious and at one time years ago where investigating.

So just another little snippet of LaGrange,Georgia where I call home.

No comments: