Sunday, December 2, 2012

For the life of me

Town square in my hometown of LaGrange,Georgia.The fountain has been there for long as I can remember.Years ago in the 1920's or 30's this was the sight of the courthouse that burned down.

As a kid it was a favorite sight of mine to ride by at night.Back then it had different colors of light bulbs built into the fountain and the spraying water would change color.

Back in the 1970's the city spent a reported million dollars to square the square.LaGrange College donated the statute of General Lafayette which now sits in the fountain.He was a French general who during the revolutionary war sided with the states and was rumored to have passed near LaGrange one time.This town was named after his chateau in France.

So a little more history of my hometown.But for me I sure enjoyed the colored lights in the fountain better.

For the life of me I can't remember ever stepping foot on the fountain grounds.

No comments: