Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Page 3

Turkey and trimmings.It was good and enjoyed by Buddy,Freda and me.

Snowed again last night.Just a good day staying inside.Plenty of firewood stacked up in the corner and food more than we can eat.Only reason for opening the door is for Buddy and Freda to get some fresh air you know.

Just sitting here in my rocker with my pipe watching the snow covered land out the window.We had good luck during the fall trapping season and enough was made to stock us up on vittles for the cold times ahead.Even enough was made for a few jugs of sour mash.Good for the spirit and taking the chill off these winter nights.

My prize possession is a repeating Winchester rifle.It is a 45 caliber and will take down any marauding wild animal such as bear or some wild human bent on mischief.The repeater and my Bowie knife are the tools of my trade.

Trapper,hunter mountain man.

No comments: