Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Captain,Mr Green Jeans,Bunny Rabbit and me

Saturday mornings.About 6am.In my PJ'S.A bowl of cornflakes and sweet milk.Sitting on the floor in front of the black and white TV.Just me.No one is up.Watching the Indian test pattern waiting for another day of excellent broadcasting to start.So it was as a kid.TV was so important then.Any given day I could ramble off the programs and time they came on.In my innocence I remember wondering if the cowboys on those Saturday morning programs ever had to take a bathroom break.Dancing in front of the TV I didn't know that it was a one way mirror and they could not see me like I could them.Captain Kangaroo,Mr Green Jeans,Bunny Rabbit and Moose.I never could make anything the Captain did with a shoe box and scissors like he did.

No comments: