Monday, November 8, 2010

My last bike

My last bike looked sorta like this one.It was a gold Schwinn,2 speeds,you had to back petal to change gears.Bikes where so much fun.You could travel from sun up to sun set.It meant freedom.We kids had bike races on a little dirt track we made.Everything was done with our bikes being the center of attention.Balloons tied to the spokes made them sound loud like a race car.Smoke bombs and those loud balloons.I remember when the training wheels where took off my first bike and Daddy gave me a shove down that steep hill on Juniper Street.I did ok except hitting a China Berry tree.Least it stopped me.I hit a car on a bike once.It was stopped in the road,my chain had came off,I had 2 choices,hit the car or barb wire fence on my left.Thinking fast I choose the car.I hit it at full speed.Landing on the rear window of the car the people cried out he is dead.No I'm not I said.I did break my front tooth and smashed the bike up.It wasn't even my bike.So that gets me back to the bike pictured here.My last one was like that.When I got my learners permit to drive a car I gave it away.But those days of bikes and summers sure where fun.

No comments: