Monday, November 8, 2010

Best friend

Lassie.Lassie is on my mind.He was my first dog.Yes he was male but I named him Lassie.Uncle Lavert got me Lassie.Each time I seen my uncle I would ask for a dog.We where living at Standing Rock,Al at the time.Standing Rock had a store and that was all at the time.They have a post office now and that means their on zip code.There was an old deserted building when I lived there that maybe was a store or bank at one time.It has not changed much.It was and is just a spot in the road,on the road to bigger places.I remember some of the people there,not their names just memories of them.Anyway back to Lassie.He was white with a black face.When Lavert brought him to me he ran off and was gone for several days.I just knew never would I see him again.But Lassie did come back.Good thing there where not many houses for him to choose from.We where the best of friends.I had his love and companionship for 6 years.I still see him in my minds eye and I miss him.Lassie my dog,my best friend.

No comments: