Monday, October 25, 2010

The light in the tree

It had to be in the early 60's.On highway 27,north of LaGrange.The place was called Blue Berry Hill.On the left side of the road going north.Out in the woods.Something was happening.My folks loaded up a car load.Mom,Dad,me,my cousins.At night we walked into the woods.There was a large crowd gathered.I didn't see it.No one I knew of seen it but it was there.Some guy I remembered said he was the keeper of it.It had asked him for a drink of water.What I am talking about is this.It was a local attraction for awhile.A light in a tree is what it was.What it was I never heard anyone say.But It was a reason to load up the car with your family and join several hundred people who parked on the side of the road on a weekend night.Maybe the companionship was what was the best.Till this very day every time I pass that spot in the road at Blue Berry Hill on highway 27 it brings back a fond memory.

No comments: