Monday, October 25, 2010

Judge ye least be judged

Born in the south.Raised in the south.Most likely will die in the south.It is all I know.Peaves me off when folks put her down.Why I wonder sometimes.Heard folks call us backwards,ignorant,rednecks on and on.They call us racists without even knowing us.If you live there you are this and that.Take Lester Maddox for example.He came to fame when he refused to serve someone at his Pickrick cafe.Was it wrong? You bet it was.But did he have right to refuse customers?Some black lady spoke of Lester when he was Governor and said quiet honestly that he had done more good and had more blacks in his administration than any one before him.I am getting off the track a bit I know.But it makes me mad when people judge.Those that would never judge anyone will readily judge a whole region without knowing them.Stereotyping is the word.What if I said all New Yorkers are rude fast talkers who have no feelings but for their own self?I would be wrong wouldn't I.So no double standards please.Don't judge me and I will give you the privilege of not being judged without first getting to know you.

No comments: