Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Instant coffee

Instant coffee.Never could get the hang of it.Either it was to strong or to weak.Sometimes I would get lucky and make a pretty good cup.We have a tea kettle on the stove and that's where I get my water.Besides awful tasting coffee I have burned myself a few times pouring the water.My left leg has scars from burns after spilling hot boiling water.Trick is not to use a dark colored cup.You can't tell when the cup is full in a dark kitchen.My dislike of instant coffee goes back to my childhood.One of my favorite aunts who lived in Roanoke ,Alabama,Aunt Mytrle always had hot water on the stove and a jar of instant coffee on the table.We always had a coffee peculator,for younger folks they probably have no idea what that was.I seen on TV the other day a program about coffee and making coffee in a peculator is the worst way to make it.You just keep heating up old coffee.It was in the 1970's that I fell in love with Mr.Coffee.Those drip coffee makers where wonderful and made the best tasting cup of coffee I ever had plus they made it fast.So right now the drip coffee maker is shot no good been thrown away so I'm stuck with this instant stuff for awhile.It will do because I don't know if this is true or not but if my head is hurting a cup of coffee will ease it off.I heard caffeine opens up the blood vessels in the brain and blood flows better.I have been called a caffeine addict but that is ok.It's my only vice I guess.So come on ,plug in the Mr.Coffee and have a cup with me.

No comments: