Sunday, July 27, 2014

My new friend

I was startled at first.

It would have scared anyone.

My eyes still fuzzy from deep slumber there he stood outside my bedroom window smiling,staring,looking in.

In his hand a white paper sack and a extra large coffee.Waving that sack I figured out he wanted to come in.

Heck I live at the old folks home where little ole gray headed ladies cruise the halls and by ways in their wheelchairs just looking for someone to harass so this guy didn't scare me at all.

In my best Mexican sign language I motion for him to come on in.

It's not every day you see a big white guy with a big red afro wearing a yellow jumpsuit with # 18 size red shoes.Least not while awake but that is a story for another time.

Slowly,quietly trying not to wake my roomies up he crawled through the window.

At the side of my bed he raised a finger to his ruby red lips making that international understood sign of shhh be quiet.

Low and behold!

And that delicious coffee was for me!

Pointing to the white sack he gave it a couple of shakes while smiling with those big ruby red lips.

Guess what was inside?

Bacon,real bacon,thick crispy heart attack bacon not that chickentarian bacon we get at the old folks home biscuits.Those buttermilk biscuits just melt in ones mouth and he had brought some real deep fried hash browns also.

Like Santa on Christmas eve off in a flash he went I think delivering other sleepy eyed old folks their morning constitutional of cholesterol sodium packed items of delight.

Yes people,life is good,and I have a new friend.

I just call him Ronnie.

No comments: