Friday, June 20, 2014

A charmed and blessed life

It's hot in Georgia.

Hotter than when Mr Sherman burnt Atlanta and made his march to the sea.

Hottest day in two years yesterday the weatherman said.95 with a heat index of 105.

I could say it was so hot like David Letterman said about the squirrels in Central Park during a hot spell in NYC but I won't.

Summer will be here officially tomorrow but between me you and the fence post Georgia skipped spring and went straight to hot.

We have been sissified these days.When I was a boy if you had a floor fan to run consider yourself fortunate.

Back then folks left windows up doors open on muggy hot summer nights but that is a thing of the past now.Do that these days and hot weather would be the least of your problems.

AC in houses and cars(Daddy was ahead of the times he did have a car with AC sorta,a rusted out hole in the back seat floorboard) has made summer comfortable for us and it's a blessing.I was the ripe old age of 16 when Daddy got a window AC unit for the house and by the way that same year he got our first color TV.Life was so good back then a GE 25 incher floor model color tele and AC.I skipped school for a week just enjoying the good life.

Yes I have lived a charmed and blessed life.Daddy said when he was a kid laying in bed looking up he could see the stars,looking down he could see the chickens running around.

Summer in Georgia...I love it.

No comments: