Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Take up serpents

I was talking with someone today just making conversation and the subject of snakes came up.

If any body has read my stories before about snakes they know I'm not fond of the little no shoulder critters.

This Lady told me she had kin by marriage that was one of those snake handling church members.

They take the Bible literally word for word.I always say that is what we should do.

But this taking up of the serpent like it said in the Bible is not for me.I have faith but I also believe in not temping faith.

I'm a strict believer in religious freedoms.If handling rattlesnakes and drinking poison is what you do to express your faith go for it.

After my conversation I researched it.Really what I found out surprised me.They believe mostly what Baptist which I was raised and confess to be minus the taking up of serpents.

Freedom to believe as you want ,one of the pleasures of living in this great country.




No comments: