Friday, August 30, 2013

Emotional overload

For years maybe a lifetime I’ve had this feeling of numbness.Not talking about body numbness but my feelings toward somethings.Emotional numbness is the word I’m thinking of.

Maybe after seeing hearing watching things one can become numb.

Emotional overload is it possible?

I certainly haven't always been this way.I can remember when at the age of 7 or 8 a friend’s Daddy had a heart attack and died at their house.Thinking how awful this be for my friend I was truly saddened.
Sitting in my classroom on the day of the funeral looking out the window of the second floor looking at the beautiful fall colors of the trees I could see my friend’s house and how sad I felt for him to lose his Daddy.

So I know I haven’t had this numb feeling toward life always.

Now things can happen that should affect me but in all honesty they don’t.

This is what the world will do to a person.Emotional overload.To much bad and you just turn it off in your brain.

A safety valve I guess it could be called.