Thursday, July 4, 2013

Little white paper bag

It didn't set well with me.

A group that shall remain nameless just sent a roommate a bag of goodies to thank him for his service to the country.

He was in WW2 serving 3 and 1/2 years in France.

The gift bag contained 3 peppermint candies wrapped in a patriotic napkin,soap,toothpaste and a pair of socks ,shampoo and conditioner.

My friend was thankful and appreciative.

Give your best the Bible commands.

In my humble opinion I think maybe a steak dinner or what ever that my roommate would like makes a better thank you.

Maybe a sincere handshake or hug giving him thanks would been better.Long as it was real and meant.

I guess it was just to make the civic group feel good about them self really.

He  sacrificed and gave his best.

That little white paper bag with an American flag just didn't seem enough.