Saturday, June 22, 2013

I looked I drooled

Back in the 80's every time I walked past the local Radio Shack window I would stop and drool.

There it was.A Tandy TR 80 computer.A real puter with a monitor,keyboard and cassette tape drive.

If I remember right the computer was priced way over my head.

I had just started noticing these things people called personal computers.

For less than $40 bucks you could buy a Sinclair.A computer in kit form.Just a little black box the size of your hand.

About that time folks started hearing about this computer called Apple.Now if I had been smart I should have bought stock in that Apple company.

I settled for a Radio Shack Color Computer.Just a keyboard,cassette drive where you wrote your on programs and it used a TV for a monitor.

One of the local computer whiz kids who just started to work as a computer programmer called them TOYS so I never used it again.

This was the beginning of the PC for most of us.

Now a computer is just as common as a Mr.Coffee maker.