Thursday, May 30, 2013

Dusty roads...

Dusty roads and pine trees.Those red high clay banks that roads where carved out of.

Tall green pine trees shading my way.

The musty smell of damp red clay after a hot muggy summers day rain fill my nostrils taking my breath away.

The sound of cicadas and crickets serenade all who will listen.

Skeeters diving like little WW 2 fighter planes pestering little pest they are.

A white sandy banked clear bottomed creek big enough to wade in.Minnows scooting and darting around.

The deep blue sky with puffy white clouds.The sun beaming down rays of hot light almost seems to be a giant angry eye in the sky watching our every move.

What is this all about you may ask?

These are things seen in my mind as I reflect upon my life as a boy in Alabama and Georgia.

Everyone should be so blessed.