Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Baby buffalos

I was watching the local TV station this morning.They have a call in folksy type program.I learned something.

Someone called in and was wanting a couple of baby buffalo.At first I thought this was a joke or put on because right before this Forrest Gump or someone pretending to be him called in.Forrest had a pretty good joke to tell.Seems his Uncle has been charged with murder.Forrest's Uncle told the judge he didn't mean to kill the man.Seems he took sandpaper and rubbed it all over the guy.I just wanted to rough him up a bit Forrest's Uncle said.

Ok back to the buffalo story.The man wanted a couple of baby buffalo to use for herding his cows.Seems they can do a good job and wear down the 200 or 300 hundred cows real easy.Can't use grown buffalo cause they are bigger than a horse.What happens to the baby buffalo when they grow up I don't know.A few years ago I did see one in a pasture here but last time by there it was gone.

Buffalo burgers maybe?

No comments: