Friday, January 11, 2013

A long night it was

Snuff please mam...snuff please mam that was what the elderly lady repeated over and over.If she got the snuff I don't know.

Things you hear around here.Some make you laugh and others break your heart.There is Ms.S who suffers from dementia and almost every night causes a ruckus wanting to fight or just drive the nurses and cna's wacky. A shot usually calms her down.

Then there are the zombies,forgive me for calling them that but that is what they remind me of.They constantly walk the floor with that blank look on their face.

Saturday January 12th marks my 1 year anniversary of being here.It was on a Wednesday afternoon about 5 pm I was transported from the hospital by ambulance to TFH a day that matched the way I was feeling.A gloomy gray cloudy day that look liked it would snow at any moment.

Wheeled into the building on a gurney down to room 31.My spirits peaked a bit when I seen my bed was next to a big window which faces a busy highway and across the street I could see trees.

After being evaluated by an nurse and cna I had supper which was chicken pot pie ,broccoli and a roll.I settled in for the night and a long night it was.

More to follow.




No comments: