Saturday, December 31, 2011

Gail Janice and me

When I was a small boy going to my cousin Gail's house was always fun.We are the same age and as kids we played great together.Cowboys,Indians,riding bikes,climbing trees yep Gail  was a tom boy.Her Mom Pauline would take us to Grants Park where the zoo was.My favorite place to go was the airport.Back then you just drove up to the fence and watched the big planes.They lived in Jonesboro yep Clayton County where gone with the wind took place in the movie.There is a Tara Blouvard there but no real Tara.We got along good for cousins.I remember one thing though.Gail and our other cousin Janice would let me play as long it was just me and the other.But get them two togather it was no way hosea they would shut the door in my face and I would end up sitting on Grandma’s porch steps alone.Janice told me something a few years ago.Grandma had an apple tree.Janice asked if I remembered being payed 25 cents to pick up apples.I do remember picking up apples .But being payed was something I never heard about.So I’m thinking some sort  of conspiracy about the apple picking up was going on and maybe further investigation is needed.

No comments: