Friday, December 3, 2010

Just put me in the freezer

Cold this morning.Temp was 27 degrees when I woke up.I am glad that seasons change here.Must be boring having one type of weather year round.Here in Georgia we get all four seasons.Fall is the most beautiful.Never met anyone who doesn't like fall.I know this sounds like the Chamber of Commence brochure but Georgia is a great place to live.Mountains to the north.Atlantic ocean to the east.Flat farm land down in south Georgia.I am a Georgia native.Born here raised here.Even got a grave spot here in LaGrange that is ready for me when I am ready so to speak.I have convinced myself that burial in the ground is not for me.Cremation is the way to go.I know some folks who have chose that route.I just don't like the idea of a six foot hole in the ground,in a metal box,inside a concrete vault.I have been by the graveyard and seen graves just dug filled with water.I know when a body is placed in a grave they take all the care in the world to protect it but it is useless.You will melt away so to speak.So cremation will get the job done quicker.Back to ashes from which we came.Plus it is a lot cheaper.Basic funerals are up in the $1000's of dollar range.I read recently cremation starts at round $1000 or less.I don't want a funeral.Funerals are one of the most stressful situations you can put a family through.Funerals are for the living anyway so I will save people money and stress and bow out easy and quiet.No big deal.Just say yep he is dead,that all she wrote,get it over with .I have one request.Wait till the fourth day after I have died before you cremate me ok.Someone told me that your soul hangs around for that long after you die.Something I don't understand.A golden cord,keeping the body and soul togather.So take no chances wait those four days.Plus this is another reason for no funeral.I never have seen a good looking corpse.I hear people say don't he look good.Don't they look peaceful.They are dead and where sick most likely before they died.Unless the mortician is a wizard they ain't going to look good.Plus I don't want no one looking down at me in that casket and saying that.So when my time comes there will be no funeral,no wake,no sitting up with the dead,none of that stressful stuff.Just put me in the freezer,wait four days and then cremate me.That is how it is and how I want it.

No comments: