Wednesday, November 3, 2010

They don't have grits

Dog gone did I say something about it being hot not to long ago?Well I have changed my tune folks.It is cold.Cold to me anyway.46 degrees.I am sitting here with my hoodie on,the hood over my head and I feel chilled.The family is planning to go to the big LaGrange/Troup high football game Friday night.I checked the weather forecast,no rain but high for Friday should be 58 with a low of 30.We have talked of holding off long as we can before turning on the heat but shoot I'm ready now.I am a Georgia born and raised man.Rest of them here are from Ohio and think it's funny when I get cold when the temperature drops below 60.But I think they are getting Southernized now.Every one was talking about how cold it was this morning.I have never been north of the Mason/Dixon line but would like to try it just once.Just to see a big snow.They have told me tales of it snowing so much that it covers houses and they have to worry about the roofs caving in.They tell me the temperature drops way below zero up there.And I hear that grits are hard to find up there.Ok that did it.I staying here where it's warmer and we have grits.

No comments: