Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thanksgiving,basket ball and the chicken pox

It's almost thanksgiving.My favorite holiday.Why I don't know.The food maybe.Going back in my history,someone said that is where I live,the past but that is ok with me.A few days before thanksgiving,what year I am to lazy to figure up now.It was a night game for East Newnan Elementary girls basketball team.It was at Moreland,Ga down the road from Newnan.Moreland is a famous place.The home of one of my favorite writers.Lewis Grizzard.He was a writer of such books with titles like Granny don't bend over in the garden cause them taters have eyes.He died a few years ago at a real young age.He was having heart surgery and did not make it.Ok back to my story.We school kids rode the bus down for the basketball game.Me I wasn't interested in the game,just a reason to get out of the house was what I liked.I remember they announced that Lester Maddox had been elected governor of the Great State of Georgia at the game,so you can back track with that info and figure out the year.Any way in was near thanksgiving.It was on a Sunday before thanksgiving,laying in my bed at East Newnan,covered up with my electric blanket cause I wasn't feeling that great I awoke with the chicken pox.Man I had a good case of it.So I can remember having chicken pox during the holiday and being teased in school because another student in my class had them also at the same time.I can see her face but for the life of me can't remember her name.So with all this said I hope your thanksgiving is a great time for you and full of memories.

No comments: