Sunday, November 21, 2010

Krystals

Krystals.That is the subject today.Krystals.Unless you are a Southerner chances are you have no idea what they are.No not a girl's name.Not a type of fancy glass.Krystals are one of my favorite things.Ok for you people up north a Krystal is like a Whitecastle burger.I really like those little square,small,hot burgers with mustard and sauteed onions.I remember the first Krystal I ever had.Back in 1962 I was 10 years old.I was spending a week with my Aunt Gladys who lived in Macon,Ga.Downtown we went for something and we stoped at a fast food place.We sat down at a table and she asked how many hamburgers did I want.1 I said.She said she never knew a boy who could just eat 1.Well it was a Krystal.It only takes 4 to fill me up these days with those yummy fries they have.So begins my love affair with Krystals,hate to say love cause that is a misused word,a story for another time but I sure do like them.Maybe Krystals are a comfort food for me.Stuck in my brain is a memory of my first one.Good times,happy times.Back in the 1990's a Krystal opened up here in LaGrange.I was there that day.So was everyone else in town it seemed like.So that is what is on my mind today.Krystals and all the memories they bring back for me.

No comments: