Saturday, November 27, 2010

Put it in super Daddy

The car was old and no air conditioning.But back then no one really minded.AC was not common like it is now.It was unheard of in houses only places like movie houses had it and they advertised it .The car did have one added feature not found on many.I would lay in the back seat of Daddy's old car.On long trips I would carry a bucket of rocks with me.The floorboard in back was rusted out and from my seat I would drop rocks from the car.Daddy liked big cars.Pontiacs,Buicks cars like that.He had a couple of Oldsmobiles wow those where cars.I remember the 54 Olds Super 88.Two tone color,black and white and a 4 door.Daddy would be passing someone on a 2 lane highway and I would say put it in super Daddy.Super was the passing gear.Them old cars had style and seem so nice today compared to all the cars on the road now.At one time you could tell what make and model a car was.Not today they all look the same.

No comments: