Friday, May 1, 2015

Mad as hell

Like in the movie Network I'm also"mad as hell and not going to take it anymore".

Food that is not good is what I'm talking about.Hospital food.

Maybe it's my taste buds,maybe it's cause old age has changed me,maybe it's cause the food is just bad.

Whatever the reason is something has got to change.

My breakfast is excellent no complains but it's the only prepared cooked on premises meal we residents get,lunch and supper are well different.

I'm hard pressed finding one meal from the hospital that is appetizing.Many days I skip lunch and supper because the food is just bad.Buttermilk with cornbread or a fried egg sandwich from the kitchen or just a cup of coffee gets me through the bad food days.

Example of a supper we had recently was a baked hard fish patty,a handful of cold curly fries and two small rock hard hush puppies.Carrots are plentiful here,one meal was steamed carrots,peas and carrots mixture and with a chicken pasta dish with you guessed it,carrots hid under the pasta.

Please don't even get me started on chicken.

When food is thrown way because it's unappetizing is a shame.Good tasting food just makes better sense even if it cost more in the long run.




No comments: