Saturday, October 4, 2014

Here smoke this

I don't know to many people that like okra.

That boiled slimy green stuff that Momma always cooked in peas and I always dipped out.Now battered and fried okra is a different story.That I like and can eat like popcorn.But fry and batter anything I will most likely eat.

Now to what this story is about.

In Cartersville,Georgia a man was woke up by a low hovering Georgia State Patrol helicopter over his house and at the same time the police strapped down as he called it and a k 9 dog were knocking at his front door.

Seems the police were hunting pot plants.

Yes you guess it,the police mistaken his okra plants for pot plants.

More power to the cops,as a kid I spent many a hot August afternoon cutting okra off those vines,sweat rolling down my face stinging from touching that devil vegatable.

All I want to know is where the cops were when Momma said eat your peas and that green slimy okra when I was a kid.

Come to think of it maybe smoking okra is a better idea than dipping it out of your peas.

No comments: