Monday, September 22, 2014

Count down

Fall will officially start in 12 minutes.

Here in my comfortable bed I'm reflecting on today's events.

Before sunrise thunder,lighting,rain and howling winds woke me up.My widow open the cool air felt good on my face.

Effortlessly sleep found me again and off I drifted into peaceful deep sleep.I woke up just in time for breakfast at 8 am.My appetite has dwindled since having that cold/virus or whatever it was a few weeks ago.

Counting down 3 minutes till fall starts.

Grits and a fried egg I ate saving a biscuit and bacon for later.

10:30 pm now it's officially fall in Georgia.

I dozed off and on till lunch.It was a bust consisting of a pork chop,rice and steamed carrots.The rice I ate.

Up and about around 3 pm out to the TV where sheesh yes you guessed it Walker Texas Ranger  was on.Same ole same ole.

Looking at the menu an order for 2 grilled sandwiches and tomato soup was made but supper comes around and no luck on my plate was chicken pot pie and grilled zucini.

Now get this.If the rumor is true this chicken pot pie was questioned by state investigators a year or so ago saying it had to be changed from the dry crusted vegetables just spooned out onto your plate.It was changed into a recognizable version of chicken pot pie till it's ugly face reappeared today at supper.

Maybe this food is why I have no appetite.It's not the type of food I like or grew up on.

Oh how I crave real food.

Butter beans cooked on the stove,sliced fried potatoes and some real cornbread.

No comments: