Sunday, May 18, 2014

Left on the court house steps

Left on the court steps.7 years old and never had I been away from my folks.

Going to Camp Viola down around Mountville,Georgia for 2 weeks of fun well sorta.

The only reason I wanted to go was because my best friend Paul and his brother were going.


I was ok for a few days then it hit me.

Homesickness.

I found out later my folks missed me like little Johnny missed them.

They had paid a visit to Camp Viola but camp counselors advised it would make my homesickness worst.

2 weeks of glorious fun in the sun at Mountville well sorta, swimming,playing base ball,crafts and all the other camp things.

Being hungry I remember most,there was plenty of food just what I  didn't like.Healthy food like boiled squash which normally I would push aside,no hamburgers and fries which were my passion.Till this day squash unless battered and fried I won't eat.

At times it was so boring.Sitting around in the bunk house reading a math book someone had brought was fun.No TV.

As in life all things must end,well sorta,and my 2 weeks were over.

This is true,who cried the most when arriving back at the court house steps,was it Daddy or me?

No comments: