Thursday, April 17, 2014

Lessons learned

Easter egg hunts of past.

One I do remember.Back in the 1960's maybe when I was 12 or so.

The little church we attended had their egg hunt on a Saturday afternoon before Easter.

I learned a few life lessons at that church.

The preacher standing in the pulpit made a remark that even as a youngster I knew just didn't sound right.

He said if a so and so walked through his yard he was use extreme prejudice against them.I thought a Christian was being loving,forgiving,caring not preaching hate and violence against someone who is different from yourself.

Lesson learned just because you are standing in the pulpit what you say ain't exactly Christian.

Back to that egg hunt.That same preacher pointed out the prize egg to his nephew.Lesson learned,all in life is not fair.

Those lessons and a few more turned me against church and church people when I was younger.All the hypocrisies and jealousy the bickering between church members really affected me.

But never did I doubt Jesus and God.

I just had to learn that people are not perfect even in the church.

Follow Jesus not man.

A life lesson learned.





No comments: