Saturday, March 15, 2014

Fear inherited

I don't like snakes.

If they where furry and cuddly and make cute little sounds maybe I would feel different.

Never has a snake hurt me.

Several times they have scared me.

Once as a little boy I almost stepped on a rattler that was coiled up ready to strike.Most likely I would have reached down and picked it up but Daddy seemed fit to use extreme prejudice on the snake with a garden hoe.

One close encounter with a snake we met up and I guess it was just as scared of me as I was of it.It ran one way and me the other.

Hunting one fall with Daddy,leaned up against a tree,slithering over the brown golden orange leaves I seen a big snake headed straight for us.

Daddy I see a snake.

He never seen it,he out run me back to the car,by the way he had a gun leaving his little boy to catch up with him.

Aunt Lema was bit by a rattler picking black berries and almost died.

Maybe that fear of snakes is inherited.

I think facing a bear would be more pleasant than facing a snake.

Bears are at least furry and cuddly.




No comments: