Saturday, November 23, 2013

Here is your hug

To hug or not to hug.

I was kidding a friend here at the old folks home telling him I was going to give him a big ole country boy hug.

Nope,won't do that,out of the question he said.

That got me thinking.

I knew my parents loved me but showing affection was something we never did.No kisses no hugs no I love you that I can remember.

It was something never done.

I know Momma was raised the same way.I've heard her brother question why they never where showed affection.

Things just run in families I guess and it gets passed down generation to generation.

Maybe a lot of family problems could be solved with more hugs,more reassuring of that you are loved.

The night Daddy died,just me and him in the room,I did something never had I done.

I hugged his neck,told him I love him and kissed him on his forehead.

He nodded his head,eyes closed he said he was sorry,sorry about what I never knew,I told him he had nothing to be sorry for.

He went into a coma and died a few hours later.

I almost waited to long to tell him I loved him.

I would not hesitate to hug him if he walked into this room right now.

By the way I did give my friend a hug this afternoon.


No comments: