Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Catfish in the bath tub

Tilapia.

Guess I have lived a sheltered life but before coming to the old folks home never had I heard of Tilapia.

It is served least twice a week here.Lemon peppered Tilipia,Cajun Tilipia,baked Tilipia on and on.

I looked it up and it's a fish from Biblical times and sometimes is called St.Peter's fish.

I'm not a fish eater,care nothing about seafood,lobsters look like those big Palmetto bugs we have down here in the South,you know those big bugs that are so bad I seen one caring a pistol one time just daring me to stomp it,joking but they are big and look like roach bugs that have been mutated by the atom bomb or on steroids.

The only fish I ever ate was catfish.Fried,deep fried and please don't serve me one with the head on it.

Daddy was a fisherman and I remember waking up on Saturday mornings and seeing the bath tub loaded with live swimming catfish that he had caught the night before.Disgusting I know but true.

Really the only thing I liked about fish fries was the trimmings.French fries,onion rings,hush puppies,slaw and sweet ice tea.

Yes living a sheltered life missing out on a lot of things like Tilipia but between me you and the worm bucket that is fine with me.

Just give me a Big Mac and large fries and I will be happy.


No comments: