Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The cell bars are invisible

I faced reality today.I'm almost 61 years old,feel good,got some medical problems and I'm in a nursing home.

I could live a natural long life.It could be many years.

That hit me a few minutes ago.Man it's like almost being sentenced to life without the chance of parole.

Same thing each day it could get old.Same food same sights same people same etc.

Before you think I'm complaining guess this is where I belong.It was my choice.I had reached the point where things of daily living I needed a helping hand with.

I'm so blessed and thankful for those that help me here.

But.

In a way I feel like I'm just here.So thankful I have the mental capacity to express what I am feeling.Some are just here period if you get my drift.

This may sound cold hearted,cruel or what ever you think but when I see the hearse leaving here with the remains of someone who has passed on I'm not sad for them.Thinking to myself  there you go friend you are now free,paroled,escaped your sentence and good luck friend you have made it.

Cold black steel bars don't keep us in.The cell bars are invisible.But we,us,the people here are in the prison of our own makings.

Let me repeat this,take note,listen to what I'm saying,this is my home,the best place for me,thank God for it and the people here who are my blessing.

I am just saying wish my life had turned out different than it did.If that sounds like whining so be it.