Thursday, March 21, 2013

Me,Daddy and the snake

Last night I was reminded of something that happened when I was a little boy. Daddy took me hunting.

Maybe I was 7 years old and it was fall of the year.In a thicket of trees brown leaves covering the ground we where leaning against a tree.

I noticed something.A snake.Maybe a copper head or rattler .Tongue flickering gliding over the leaves it was headed right towards us.

Daddy I see a snake.That's all it took.Daddy,the one with the gun jumped up and started running.Back to where the car was.Not a word was said he just left me in his tracks.

He never seen the snake,he had the gun,he left me in his dust.The man was terrified of them creepy crawlie no shoulder things.

As I got older often I reminded him of that snake.And the day he left his little boy behind.

No comments: