Sunday, November 25, 2012

Kudzu

Kudzu.That green vine that will take over the land covering everything in it's sight.Imported from Japan way back when it's purpose was to stop soil erosion.

My Uncle Leon back years ago worked on the CC planting that stuff.I have seen it cover houses,barns,old cars anything that gets in its way.

Most folks now will try anything to rid their property of it.One way,if this is true or not I don't know is to turn hogs loose on it.They will eat roots and all.Try burning kudzu.That don't work it will just come back.

Rumor is kudzu will repel snakes.History I heard is, now this could be made up, during the war of Yankee aggression,the South planned unleashing this terror on to the Northern landscape.

Who really knows.All I can say is,kudzu,about as Southern you can get.

No comments: