Monday, October 29, 2012

No way to treat a kid

My first Halloween,least the one I remember.4 years old Roanoke,Alabama must have been 1956.My luck I came down with tonsillitis.But I had my Halloween costume and was all set for a night of trick or treating.My folks made a deal with me saying if I would go to the Roanoke Hospital emergency room without making to much of a fuss we would go trick or treating afterwards.A little background info.I dislike Doctors and especially shots.Wanting to go on my first trick or treat I agreed.Walking into the hospital I always hated that smell of alcohol and ether.Till this very day the memory lingers.My turn to see the Doc and would you believe I was to get a shot.I pitched a fit.It took Daddy,a Nurse and the Doctor to hold me down for it.Well to make a short story even shorter,I got the shot but didn't get to go trick or treating.Now in my old age,56 years later on this Halloween eve(I think)that night is still remembered.Now don't ya feel sorry for that little bright eyed innocent kid who didn't get to go trick or treating?I have a plan.Send me all of your unwanted candy and treats.I'm fond of Snicker Bars,Pay Days and Peanut Butter Cups.If you need my address just let me know.Fed Ex can have it here in no time.

No comments: