Saturday, September 8, 2012

It's that simple

I probably don't fit the idea of what some people would call christian.Suits and ties is not my style.I can honestly say I'm not a church goer even though I'm a member of one.Not proud of that.I have opportunities to go but I don't.Some might be shocked at the music I like.My sense of humor might not fit in with others.I have what some would call a dark side.Far from perfect and asking for help and forgiveness daily is me.At times I feel like a hypocrite.Unworthy of God's love and His forgiveness.

But He has.God has set me free.Not free of struggles and hardships.Not free of sickness or sadness.Not free of broken hearts or loneliness.Being christian doesn't guarantee a life free of any of this.But I am free of eternal death.Don't get me wrong I will die.But I have the promise of God that I will live in His Heavenly home for eternity.

Why do I tell you these things about me?Maybe it needed saying.If a sinner like me can find God's love,forgiveness and grace anyone can.

It is simple.Just ask God for forgiveness and believe that His Son Jesus died for our sins and was resurrected from the grave.It's that simple.

No comments: