Thursday, February 16, 2012

A new person


Back in Georgia.Back in LaGrange.It’s home.A lot of things have changed in the last couple of years for me.I just got Baptized.February 10 2012.Peaceful is how I can describe my attitude now.On a hot July night 2004 at 3am sitting at my computer I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior.Over the years maybe I have swayed from him at times and I lost that peaceful feeling.Now I have it back and want to keep it.The Baptism was done in a round about way.Not being able to walk anymore there was a problem.But people here at the nursing home found a way.So last Friday I was loaded onto a bus in my wheelchair.Several people I now call dear friends went with me .Off to the hospital we went.There they have a large whirlpool type bath that you can be lowered down into.So with the staff from Twin Fountains and a room full of joyous hospital staff I was lowered and immerse into the water and baptized by my preacher.I did shed tears from such an out pouring of love.While I was being dressed they where singing in the next room and giving praise unto the Lord.You a member of a large family now a Lady told me.I feel as I really am.I won’t mention everyone's names that brought all this together.For you I’m so thankful.

No comments: