Friday, December 16, 2011

WE DO WEE

Recently I spent a night in Wedowee,Alabama.WE DO WEE some call it.Wedowee is a small nice place.It was a warm April day.In the car I started feeling a bit sick.That was putting it mildly.My eyes went blurry,head felt like it was in a vise,cold clammy sweat,and my left arm and neck where hurting,then nausea.I didn’t say anything till we got to the house.Fact I never made it inside.The ambulance was called.Wedowee was where the hospital was.The guy taking x rays of my chest asked if I had ever been there before and I answered that I didn’t even know Wedowee had a hospital. All they could find was my blood pressure was low, white blood cell count was low and I had some type of infection.So I was admitted to the hospital. At 5am time for more blood test.I was awake and hungry .7am breakfast arrived.Biscuit,scrambled eggs,a strip of real bacon,grits and coffee and OJ.Noon came around and so did lunch.You would not believe it but it was cornbread,turnip greens,mac and cheese,a slice of ham,iced sweet tea and vanilla ice cream for desert.While eating the Doctor stuck his head in the door seen I was busy and said he would be back in a few.Lunch was great. Doctor was in asking all the routine questions.A nurse came in and more ekg’s were done.Seems they found my heartbeat not normal but I already knew that there was a little problem with my ticker.Ok you can go home if you feel like it he said.I was ready.There is one thing.I was looking forward to supper.After a great breakfast and lunch I could only imagine what supper would have been.So there you have it my night in Wedowee or as some call it WE DO WEE.

No comments: