Monday, December 12, 2011

Georgia on my mind


Georgia is my home.

 Georgia is in my heart.

Born there,raised there it’s home.

Every time I hear Ray Charles’s version of Georgia on my mind it tugs a bit at my heart.

When I die maybe if my wishes are carried out I will be cremated and scattered around a few of my favorite places in Georgia.

Some over on the coast of Georgia where the Atlantic Ocean is.

Up in the mountains on a beautiful fall day when the leaves are busting with color an ash or two.

A bit under a grove of tall green Pine trees where I can hear the singing of wind blowing through them on a warm summers day.

Sprinkle some over Atlanta because I always liked the big town.

East Newnan leave a few also.Lots of memories there.

Down around LaGrange where home was for so long.

What ashes that are left take to the top of Stone Mountain leave a bit there so I will have a good view of the eastern sky where I will be waiting for the return of Jesus.

No comments: