Monday, November 1, 2010

I can drive !

This is a 1960 Dodge.My Daddy had one when I got my learners driver permit at 15.It was the first car I ever drove.It was baby blue,4 door,it didn't have carpet but rubber mats instead.It was push button automatic with power steering and brakes.The steering wheel was oblong or egg shaped.It was hard being cool when passing my friends on their bikes cause really I was terrified.Those power brakes where a bit touchy for someone who never drove before.Ok we made it almost home with no incidents.Everything was good.Then.My first mistake.Pulling into the yard I almost sent Daddy through the windshield.Back then some cars didn't have seatbelts and if the car did no one wore them.Those touchy brakes.I slammed on them hard.Almost taking the mail box with me.But no one was hurt.Just my pride.I made it home.

No comments: