Sunday, November 28, 2010

Daddy I love you

This is not my favorite time of the year.

Christmas.

Always glad to see it get here.Always glad to see it go.

Daddy went to the hospital for the last time Christmas morning 1991.He had cancer and was...

December 27th was his 66th birthday and we spent it in the hospital with him.Staying night and day.Came New Years and we where still there.

Daddy was coming home.

With help from hospice we kept him home.Momma took care of the day time and I stayed up nights with Daddy.

Thursday January 9th one day after Momma's birthday early that night just me and him.I asked him if he was tired because he had been talking out of his head some.He had been working in the mill.Are you tired Daddy I asked?He just nodded his head yes.Daddy do what you need to do and don't worry about us.Again he nodded his head.I'm sorry he said.Daddy's last words to me.I told him he had nothing to be sorry about.I kissed his forehead and told him I love you.Again he just nodded his head.

After that he went into what I call a coma.About 10 am on January 9,1992 Daddy died.Daddy I miss you.Never thought I could make it without you but everything is okay.


I love you Daddy.

No comments: